Become a Volunteer
Submit a Volunteer Opportunity
Become a Volunteer
Submit a Volunteer Opportunity
Founded in 1995, YES Employment + Entrepreneurship is a non-profit community-based organization dedicated to enriching the community by providing English-language support services to help Quebecers find employment and start and grow businesses. We are looking for a candidate to fill a position coordinating a project for marginalized women. The ideal candidate has experience coordinating and developing employment-related programs and is familiar with the employment issues facing marginalized women in Quebec. They are self-starters who exhibit exceptional attention to detail and can adapt quickly to respond to various stakeholder demands and has a sincere interest in and knowledge of working with vulnerable populations within the non profit sector.
Reporting directly to the Project Manager (PM), the Project Coordinator (PC) works to provide support in launching and then achieving program deliverables and support services offered to the Women’s Employment Readiness Quebec (WERQ) project. The successful candidate pays strict attention to detail, thrives on rigid deadlines, can juggle multiple tasks, can work independently AND in a collaborative team environment, all while delivering excellent client service.
About the Project
The Women’s Employment Readiness Quebec project (WERQ) is a pre-employment training program to help marginalized women and non-binary individuals transition to new employment or re-enter the workforce. YES recognizes the importance of taking a holistic, intersectoral approach to helping vulnerable women enter and succeed in the workplace and as such, will work with a variety of stakeholders such as businesses, educators and other community organizations to develop partnerships that will benefit our clients and provide them with opportunities that will support their upward mobility and success. This is a new project for the department, in its first cohort. The coordinator on this team will have the opportunity to help improve the program operations and curricula as we learn more about the needs of the participants. Our goal is to help women and non-binary folks thrive in an ever changing labor market and take steps towards ensuring economic empowerment.
About the Role
This role includes creating and maintaining administrative and statistical records for program reporting, screening program participants for interview eligibility during recruitment periods and contributing to the creation and delivery of educational workshops as needed. The PC will work together with the PM to deliver daily workshops during the training parts of the program as well as create new workshops to reflect the needs of the participants and the changes in the labour market. The PC maintains a working knowledge of support services and external resources pertaining to marginalized women and non-binary adults in Montreal, as well as facilitates the referral process in connecting program participants to appropriate external resources as needed. In addition, the PC supports the PM in the recruitment of participants, community outreach for work placements and/or job interviews and both onsite and digital check-in throughout work placements. The coordinator may also have the opportunity to be part of a working committee on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) with a goal of increasing sensitization and education around women in the workforce. Finally, when necessary, the PC intervenes with people in crisis when the PM is otherwise occupied.
The Duties and Responsibilities
Include but are not limited to:
• Ideal candidates have experience in fast-paced and results-oriented environments
• Conduct outreach and establish contact with companies to help WERQ participants secure interviews
• Conduct outreach to professionals to volunteer as speakers for Career Day (5 times a year)
• Develop and deliver workshops on a weekly basis that address the specific needs of the population
• Perform initial telephone screening of potential participants
• Recommend opportunities for continuous improvement to strengthen the program
• Provide participants with one-on-one support as needed
• Follow-up and provide participant support during 12-week work placement as needed
• In conjunction with the Program Manager, accompany participants to job interviews
• Create surveys to measure employers and/or participant experience of the Youth on the Rise program and extract data
• Enter all the data into the CRM as per the organization’s standards
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Experience working in a coordinator role with knowledge of and experience with inclusive practices, social justice issues
and employment barriers for marginalized populations
• A sincere interest in and knowledge of working with vulnerable populations
• Good communication and interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong relationships
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Team-management and leadership skills
• Ability to use project management tools and techniques
• Very detail-focused and organized – your high standards are reflected in your work
• Time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and take initiative
• Experience working on a team to setup a project is an asset
• Digitally savvy … CRM/database management, Knowledge o MS Office, social media
• Respects and adheres to timelines and deadlines
• Attention to details even under pressure
• Flexible – able to shift gears quickly
• Personable, positive, friendly
• Bilingual (French and English)
YES is proud of its diverse, committed, focused and respectful staff and volunteers. YES has a dynamic and fast paced work environment and offers its employees:
10 paid sick days/personal days per year
Group Insurance plan (Life Insurance/ Health & Dental/ Disability Insurance), Employee Assistance Plan
VSRP (Voluntary Sector Retirement Plan)
Closed between Christmas and New Year
11 Statutory holidays
Professional development opportunities
Hybrid work model
How to Apply
Send both your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
YES is committed to equal opportunity employment and encourages applications of all backgrounds to apply.
(4-5 days a week, starting salary based on full time $43,360 plus benefits)
AMI-Quebec is growing! The new position will allow us to redistribute some of existing tasks and better streamline our IT and some administration responsibilities.
If the culture of non-profit, community-based organizations appeals to you, if you have an interest in mental health, if IT and administration are up your alley, and if you are not afraid of the challenges of a new position that may have to be adjusted as we progress, we want to hear from you!
Some of the tasks will include:
We will consider you if you:
We are presently working from home and will move back to the office only when pre-pandemic conditions prevail. However, a hybrid model may be considered.
AMI-Québec Action on Mental Illness is a non-profit community-based organization committed to helping families cope with the effects of mental illness through support, education, information, and advocacy.
Please send your CV, along with references, to email@example.com by October 15th.
Centre Communautaire Bon Courage in Montreal’s Saint-Laurent borough is seeking volunteers to support their food basket program each Thursday! You can help in the preparation of food that gets distributed to families and households in Saint-Laurent that need it most. The tasks are as follows: