Walk the Talk!: Social Communication Virtual Info Session, February 10th 2022
Walk the Talk: learn the basics of social communication and how to foster communication development in young children o-to-5!
REISA – in collaboration with the Public Health Agency of Canada, Centre Mosaïque de Québec, and the CHSSN – is excited to invite you to a virtual information session on Thursday February 10th 2022, from 6:30pm – 8:30pm. Register at this link!
More and more, we are hearing people talk about social communication development.
It is still a concept that seems theoretical and difficult to understand. However, Social Communication is the glue that holds together many of the aspects of daily communication.
In this session we will break down:
– The definition of social communication
– The differences between Autism Spectrum Disorder and Social Communication
– The expected milestones from 0-5 years of age
– The impact of difficulties on various spheres of learning
– Concrete and fun strategies for supporting the development of social
communication abilities in your children